- Chinese premier arrives in India 19 May
- Driver who injured scores at Damascus parade suffered "medical episode," police say
- Record $590.5 million Powerball jackpot won by single Florida ticket
- Hostage victim mistakenly killed by police in Hempstead, N.Y.
- Syrian forces launch airstrike on rebel-held city of Qusayr
- Denmark's Emmelie De Forest wins Eurovision
- Powerball jackpot triggers frenzied Iowa sales
- Rockets from Syria strike Hermel
- More on North Korea fires short-range missile in disputed sea
- Derailment could have been caused by broken track
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 19, 06:37 AM
DES MOINES, Iowa - It's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.
She told The Associated Press by telephone that more details would be released later.
"This would be the sixth Florida Powerball winner and right now, it's the sole winner of the largest ever Powerball jackpot," O'Connell told AP.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 19, 11:39 AM
ROME - Rafel Nadal controlled the Italian Open final from start to finish, beating Roger Federer 6-1, 6-3 Sunday in the 30th meeting between the two stars.
Nadal improved to 20-10 in his career against Federer, and won the Italian Open for the seventh time.
He also showed once again that he'll be the player to beat when the French Open starts next Sunday.
Wind: 0 MPH CLM
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|