- French president signs gay marriage into law
- Programme summary of Iranian radio news 0930 gmt 17 May 13
- Programme summary of Iranian radio news 0930 gmt 16 May 13
- BBC Monitoring quotes from Iranian press 18 May 13
- Syrian soldiers warned daily of sectarian dangers, defectors say
- Second Mistral-class helicopter ship to join Russian Black Sea Fleet, eye on Med
- Gunmen raid home in Iraq, kill 5 people
- SKorea says NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Iran's UN envoy condemns violence against Muslims in Burma
- Officials in Afghan east hold coordination meeting
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
News Story of the Day
Updated May 18, 03:51 AM
FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Two commuter trains packed with rush-hour commuters collided in an accident that sent more than 60 people to the hospital, severely damaged the tracks and threatened to snarl travel in the congested Northeast Corridor.
Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said five people were critically injured and one was very critically hurt in Friday evening's crash on the Metro-North Railroad, which serves the northern suburbs of New York City.
About 700 people were on board the Metro-North trains when one heading east from New York City's Grand Central Station to New Haven derailed about 6:10 p.m. just outside Bridgeport, MTA and Bridgeport officials said.
Sports Story of the Day
Updated May 18, 03:13 AM
BALTIMORE - Orb is ready for his whirl at history.
The Kentucky Derby winner was in a playful mood the day before the Preakness, making faces for photographers between nibbles of grass outside his stall at Pimlico Race Course.
If he can defeat eight rivals in the 1 3-16-mile Preakness on Saturday, it would set up a Triple Crown try in the Belmont Stakes in three weeks.
Wind: 0 MPH CLM
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|